Certified IPC Specialist (CIS): Anyone responsible for the quality and reliability of electronic assemblies. This includes Engineers, Quality Supervisors, Inspectors, and Manufacturing Personnel responsible for quality assurance. Other great candidates are Purchasing, Receiving/Incoming Inspection, Sales, and Product/Program Managers to ensure hardware meets program requirements.
Certified IPC Trainer (CIT): Anyone responsible for training, educating, and proctoring Certified IPC Specialists (CIS) for a specific IPC standard.
Certified Standards Expert (CSE) : A subject matter expert with a high level of knowledge and understanding of a specific IPC standard, or group of standards, and will not conduct training of others. Manufacturing Supervisors, Product Engineers, Process Engineers, and Quality Engineers with assembly responsibilities should consider becoming a CSE.
Online Training: All IPC-A-610 online training courses include the certification exam. Students may take online training remotely. Certification exams will be taken using the remote proctor system. This method is 100% online with no travel required. Please review the curriculum for more information.
In-Person Training: All IPC-A-610 in-person training courses are 4-days in duration, include the certification exam, and are offered in-person at our Holiday, FL, USA training center. Please contact ElectroSpec regarding course schedule availability prior to purchasing.
Exam Only: The exam only option, known as “challenge testing,” is offered if a student is re-certifying or already knowledgeable of the IPC-A-610 standard and does not need to take a training course first. ElectroSpec offers the exam only option for a lower price as compared to the online or in-person training courses.
Certified IPC Specialist (CIS): English, Chinese, Czech, German, Danish, Estonian, French, Hungarian, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
Certified IPC Trainer (CIT): English, Chinese, Czech, German, Danish, Estonian, French, Hungarian, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
Certified Standards Expert (CSE): English and Chinese.
Remote Proctor (Online): This is the most convenient, flexible, and value conscious option for students as travel is not required. Using the IPC EDGE Learning Management System’s “Lockdown Browser,” students are able to take their exam anywhere in the world with an internet connection. All that is required is a computer or tablet with camera and microphone, but please note that students will need to be able to download and install the “Lockdown Browser” in order take the exam remotely. With this option, ElectroSpec is able to schedule a student’s exam for whenever they desire to take it.
Holiday, FL, USA Training Center: This option’s schedule availability is more limited in comparison to the remotely proctored exam. Students may travel to ElectroSpec’s Holiday, FL, USA training center location and take the exam in-person with a Master IPC Trainer (MIT). Students will need to bring a computer or tablet to the training center for the in-person exam, however they will not be required to download and install the “Lockdown Browser.”
Revision H (released September 2020): English, Chinese, Chinese (Zhöngwén), German, Danish, French, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Thai, and Vietnamese.
Revision G (released October 2017): English, Arabic, Chinese, Chinese (Zhöngwén), Czech, Danish, Dutch, German, Estonian, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Thai, and Vietnamese.
How It Works: After purchasing an add-on IPC-A-610 electronic standard equipped with digital rights management (DRM), students will receive a link to download the standard directly from IPC. This process nominally takes 24-48 hours to occur. The electronic standard is for 1 individual license/user, but there is the ability to transfer the license between a single user’s computer at a later time if the IPC DRM Helpdesk is contacted. This ability would allow students to have full flexibility in changing from a personal computer to a company computer, or vice versa, if the situation arises. For more details regarding DRM, please visit the IPC DRM FAQs.
- IPC-A-610 Course Introduction
Module 1: General, Applicable Documents, and Handling Electronic Assemblies:
- Module 1: General (Section 1) thru Order of Precedence – Appendices (Section 1.7.2)
- Module 1: Terms and Definitions (Section 1.8) thru Inspection Methodology – Magnification Aids (1.12.2)
- Module 1: Applicable Documents (Section 2)
- Module 1: Handling Electronic Assemblies (Section 3)
- Module 1: Questions
Module 2: Soldering and High Voltage:
- Module 2: Soldering (Section 5)
- Module 2: High Voltage (Section 12)
- Module 2: Questions
Module 3: Component Damage and Printed Boards and Assemblies:
- Module 3: Component Damage (Section 9)
- Module 3: Printed Boards and Assemblies (Section 10) thru Flexible and Rigid-Flex Printed Circuitry – Attachment (Section 10.4.4)
- Module 3: Marking (Section 10.5) thru Encapsulation (Section 10.9)
- Module 3: Questions
Module 4: Terminal Connections:
- Module 4: Terminal Connections (Section 6) thru Swaged Hardware (Section 6.1)
- Module 4: Insulation (Section 6.2) thru Lead Wire Placement (Section 6.6)
- Module 4: Lead/Wire Placement Solder (Section 6.7) thru Edge Clip – Position (Section 6.16)
- Module 4: Questions
Module 5: Through-Hole Technology and Jumper Wires:
- Module 5: Through-Hole Technology (Section 7) thru Component Securing – Other Devices (Section 7.2.3)
- Module 5: Supported Holes (Section 7.3) thru Unsupported Holes – Lead Cutting After Soldering (Section 7.4.6)
- Module 5: Jumper Wires (Section 13)
- Module 5: Questions
Module 6: Surface Mount Technology and Jumper Wires:
- Module 6: Surface Mount Assemblies (Section 8) thru SMT Leads – Flattening (Section 8.2.3)
- Module 6: SMT Connections (Section 8.3) thru Round or Flattened (Coined) Gull Wing Leads
- Module 6: Surface Mount Area Array (Section 8.3.12) thru Surface Mount Connectors – SMTS or Surface Mount Fasteners (Section 8.5.1)
- Module 6: Jumper Wires (Section 13)
- Module 6: Questions
Module 7: Hardware:
- Module 7: Hardware (Section 4)
- Module 7: Questions
Instructor Training Guide (CIT Only):
- Instructor Training Guide (CIT Only)